View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 04:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
ZHighlander
Base Member

Drives: 16 Nismo Tech W M6
ZHighlander will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125R View Post
He needs to contact the BBB and file a claim, it doesn't matter if the dealership is a member of the BBB or not.
FYI, reporting anything to the BBB does practically nothing, unless all you want is just some record (if they even decide to keep it). They are not a government entity, just a private company. In fact, people have tried to file complaints about BBB themselves for a useless service.

What it comes down to is this. Any complaints filed to BBB, just gets the targeted company a notification of the complaint. The target company has a chance to respond. After an exchange of info between the customer and business, the claim is closed with either "Satisfactory" or "Unsatisfactory". Their "BBB rating" might be affected at some point from too many complaints, but that's assuming anyone cares about that rating. There is no enforcement... it's really just an oldschool Yelp. In fact, I think Yelp may be more effective nowadays.

Companies who wish to be featured with BBB, pays an annual fee so they can use the BBB logo on their website and say they're accredited. This may be useful for small businesses that aren't really known yet, but big businesses that's already established themselves really don't worry much about that. A bad rating once in a while really doesn't do much... just like Yelp... all it does is give people some rating info to base a decision on.

There have also been occasions where the BBB will ignore some complaints if the targeted company threatens to cancel out of their BBB membership.

Having a small business, I've been approached by BBB and even tried their service for a year. I found it pretty pointless and canceled it. They continued to call and sell me on their services like bad telemarketers. I found more value from word of mouth, social media, and yelp ratings than BBB.

But by all means, file a BBB complaint if you wish. If they aren't already signed on with them, they won't give a damn. If they are signed on, they still probably won't give a damn, if their reported attitude is any indication.

You're better off making Yelp entry. Or better yet, expose them to a Local News service... if they aren't already in the same pockets as the dealership.

Last edited by ZHighlander; 06-09-2016 at 04:42 PM.
ZHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote