View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #44 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MFG View Post
Thanks for the update on the backing plate. As of right now the plan is to go with gears only. I have talked with several people in the industry over the last several months including Jim and Clark at JWT and the backing plate was never brought up as an issue. lol If you have ever talked with Jim or Clark at JWT you might as well get out a pen and pad because you will be on the phone for an hour long seminar... Those guys know there stuff! We will have an eye on this as my car will have one of the first units pushing really high rpms. If there becomes an issue we will address it. However, through our testing so far we have not seen this as a weak point yet. Just like many are surprised that my car is still running stock trans gears at over 1100hp at the crank yet GTRs have to have theirs replaced at this level. We want to be smart about replacing parts if there isnt a need we dont want to charge the customer for it.

Thanks,

Mike
+1 for comment on JWT ...... Clark in particular has forgotten more about these engines than most of us learn in a lifetime..
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote