View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
f00d4tehg0dz
Base Member

Drives: '12 370z Gun
f00d4tehg0dz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Time for a new battery. Factory batteries at that age are just waiting for a good excuse to quit. I put an Optima RedTop in mine not to long ago, then stuck a tender on overnight.
Good news. Let the car charge some more, and it wouldn't' go past 10-11V. (Obviously battery is dead at this point then). Get the car jumped, drive over to Autozone. We disconnect everything, and test the battery. Reads bad. So now we know the big culprit! Also funny thing. On red tag for the positive connection is a warning label about windows and other items not properly initializing due to bad battery or low volt.

Anyway we remove the old battery and go to install a new one. I was planning on an Optima... they literally only had one battery, a duralast in stock for my car, the ****? Ah well... we installed the battery, cleaned the connections and everything is good now. In the future I'll order an optima Redtop online and be done with it. FYI the guy told me that batteries in FL only last around 44Months typically. Good thing to know.

Thanks everyone for the help! Fingers crossed no other issues arise.

Last edited by f00d4tehg0dz; 06-09-2016 at 12:10 PM.
f00d4tehg0dz is offline   Reply With Quote