View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #42 (permalink)
RJ MFG
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 04 Nissan 350Z CS M6
RJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond reputeRJ MFG has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Guys this is Mike. I want to be up front and say that I had my numbers off. I have corrected my numbers to reflect the true numbers. After an in depth discussion with the engineer for RJ MFG I found out that the OEM gears are Sintered metal gears with an approximate tensile strength of 6,000 psi. The new gears are made from a specialized chromoly steel designed specifically for applications such as this. The minimum tensile strength of the new gears are 140,000+ psi. This is 23x's stronger than stock gears and the new gears have been specially heat treated to reduce the chance of micro welding.
RJ MFG is offline   Reply With Quote