View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weapon View Post
Just wanted to post this in case anyone else starts running into problems. As when i was searching and reading through potential problems here as i tried to start my car and wait for the tow truck i gave my car cancer and thought it was going to die.

I have a 2009 370Z with just under 35k miles.

Well my car left me stranded wouldn't start but my fuel gauge read 1/2 a tank.

I noticed in the morning the car was stuttering during acceleration and thought it was the VDC kicking in or I hit the redline accidentally and I just ignored it. That was only sign of issues i had.

I made a few stops and eventually the last one my car wouldn't start. After about 20 minutes of trying to start my car in 100 degree heat i gave up and called a tow truck.

Went to the dealership and what do you know the damn car starts the first time they try.

They said they would keep it overnight and try again in the morning. First thing in the morning the car wouldn't start for them either.

Turns out my fuel pump was completely broken in half and hanging in an empty gas tank. The tech said he's never seen a fuel pump broken like this and can't figure out how it happened.

I'm guessing i had a bad one all along but since i hardly drive my car it took 7 years and 35k miles for it to finally present itself.

Anyhow hopefully my story might help some of you that might come across the same problem.
Go to the track and atuo cross section. "title broken top hat" similar issues you had.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote