View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1561 View Post
I drove a fwd shitty car with a donut on one of the front tires in the snow and it all depended on how I drove which I would watch how i do with the 370z. My roomie also has a challenger that makes it through the snow.. so all in all i think it depends on
1. How you drive
2. Tires,(idk what rims hace to do with it)
3. A keen eye on everyone else driving
1. Well duh.
2. Skinny rims = more weight per square inch of rubber = better in snow
3. See number 1. This applies in good weather, too.

Your roomie's Challenger weighs about 1,000lbs more than your Z. And I have no doubt it sucks in the snow too compared to say, oh I dunno, my Jeep. Or any AWD car with decent tires. Or even a Camry with all-season tread.

The Z is a shitty winter car. Period. If you're willing to put up with it (and it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself to) then by all means drive it through the snow. Just remember that you're "getting away with it" not because it's a good idea or the car was designed for it, but because 98% of the time you'll be OK provided everything works out how you expect it to. The other 2% of the time you're going to be screwed.
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote