View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 12:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
ViCiouS
Base Member

Drives: '14 981 Cayman S
ViCiouS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
Man, you've been down for a while now.
Haha, yeah it was. Only have time on weekends, and the month of May was packed for me. Bachelor party, wedding (neither were mine), family in town, business travel, etc.

Anyways, SOLUTION!

The two rods holding the fuel pump assembly in place had somehow broke off and the fuel pump was essentially hanging in the tank. The fuel float was therefore inaccurate (resting at weird angles in the tank) and messing with fuel codes. The fuel lines were getting kinked or something as well.

Since the plastic rods connect in the gas tank, I don't trust a glue to keep them in place. I drilled through the top of the assembly and put the rods through the top with the attached broken plastic pieces being bigger than the holes, they are now securely in place. (3rd pic) Sealed that up from the top and now the overall assembly is about 1" shorter. Basically the fuel float is always going to read less gas in the tank than I really have, and that's the only negative. No new parts were needed and the car drives good again!

Oh, and a general FYI, the Nissan dealer wanted $700 for the whole assembly and wouldn't sell just the plastic housing.

Imgur link to fuel pump pics

Last edited by ViCiouS; 06-07-2016 at 12:53 PM.
ViCiouS is offline   Reply With Quote