View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
AKS14
Base Member

Drives: S14, G37, MKIV Supra
AKS14 is on a distinguished road

I figured I would chime in on this as I actually ran their resonated test pipes on my G37 for a little bit as part of their test program. They fit up just fine, pulled my OEM cats off and popped those right on without issue.

With my stock G exhaust it was slightly louder at idle and cruising, but when you got in to throttle it definitely woke up and actually sounded pretty cool. At low RPM/high load situations it would have a bit of a rasp at around 2300rpm iirc, but it wasnt terrible, and I would assume most other test pipes or resonated test pipes would have similar qualities.

Material quality/weld quality was decent, nothing incredible, but a good value for the money from what I could see and there were no glaring issues.

I ran the Y pipe as well and that fit up just fine, quality was good on that also, it had some nice reinforced flex sections on each runner and then a nice reinforcement plate on the bottom with a little bend up at the front, I would assume to stop it from catching on stuff on lowered cars which I thought was pretty cool.
AKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote