View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 11:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
I wouldn't account you running these gears as a good tester ( no disrespect) but you have enough money in that motor to buy 20 370z's. I think alot of people will buy these gears and blow up alot of motors thinking this is the solution to rev to the moon ( reason behind that is they will not get the additional support mods for the application, we all know there will be a handful that will do this). Sasha already proved that the oem crank can with stand 9k but not for sustain period as micro tears will form 9 but he did run a dry sump). So my question, are there any road racers or race teams going to hop in this group buy, to test these gears in real world situations. I hope these gears do hold up to the abuse of raising the redline.

I am building a 3.7L block... But again I like you said will be investing in the parts to make a true 9k machine. That means sunny Bryant billet crankshaft to go with the billet gears. I am going fully forged internals (rods,pistons) and I have a built set of heads which if all goes as planned will have the new jwt cams.

Like I mentioned earlier this just eliminates the first major hurdle which was the oil pump. The world challenge guys did this prior to 2012 in their racecars because dry sump wasn't homologous for the series. As far as race teams picking this up most will go dry sump but for privateers and the rest of us this is a tried and true solution for a 9k oil pump.
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote