View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 09:36 AM   #41 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
Now that MAY-hem (what I call the month of May) is over and my life is back to what I call "normal"......it is time to get to work on the SC build.

Today was software day. I downloaded the AEM software to setup my failsafe boost/AFR gauge and also installed UpRev on my laptop for the canned Stillen tune. Hooked up UpRev to my Z and it recognized the ECU and offered up three different tunes for it. So, with that done I know that I can proceed with the install and still have a driveable car when I'm done turning wrenches. The final tune will be with EcuTek done by Z1 Motorsports it two weeks after the install. I'm leaving a big cushion in the schedule in case I have any issues. I'm still waiting on some parts to come in so I'm not taking any chances with scheduling a diff install and tune way in advance. Better safe than sorry.

The plan is still to start on June 10th with the gauges and oil cooler first and then on Saturday the 11th start with the fuel system upgrades. Fortunately and yet un-fortunately I landed another recording job Friday night and Saturday afternoon. While this will cause an interruption with the install, it will give me more funds to work with so I won't have to sell one of my kidneys after all for boost!

Here are some pics of the toys.
Im not so sure you will be able to drive the car with the Stillen can tune and the A2A kit. The mafs will be seeing pushed air instead of pulled. It might work but i am not sure. I just wanted to point this out so you can have a back up plan if needed. Definitely stay out of boost and if anything just use this to idle the car to check for leaks of any kind. If its driveable then limp it to the tuner but I wouldnt go drive around for fun.