View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problems

Bushing Fiasco
The energy bushings were sold to me on the premise that they have better heat resistance than the whitelines. However there is a problem with the geometry. Used as is, they would change the angle the differential sits in the vehicle. I ended up hack sawing and belt sanding them to size. I was to do it over, I would of left the OEM ones in. Also you need to reuse the center hub on the rear. Burn off the old rubber they say. Didn't like that part but I guess that's why this kit is cheaper.
Shaft Stub BS
Old stub w. threads, new stub w/o. WTF! Didn't notice this till I went to put the bolts in last night. Spent a bunch of time trying to pop it back out but it won't budge. Freaking banging on the stub sucks because you don't know what you're doing to the bearing inside. Going to buy bolts and nuts for it. What I wanted to do was chop the old one and put it back in. Problem with the bolts I could find is they are grade 10.9. The 76 ft lbs on the torque spec indicates these are grade 12.9 Can't find 12.9 anywhere. Moving forward with the 10.9s and going to drop the torque spec to 60ft-lbs. What BS! Been thinking about why...I'd bet it's not OEM and I'd bet it's made out of sub-standard material where the threads can't handle the proper torque. (Just guessing)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Energy_01.jpg (108.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg Energy_02.jpg (159.3 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Halfshaft_02.jpg (150.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg Halfshaft_03.jpg (129.5 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by B&W_Evader; 06-08-2016 at 12:48 PM.
B&W_Evader is offline   Reply With Quote