View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poll: MAZOC BBQ 2016 Date

Now that ZDayZ is over, it's time to start looking forward to the annual MAZOC BBQ. The location that's been selected for this year is North Point State Park in Edgemere, MD. Entrance to the park is $4/vehicle for MD residents and $6/vehicle for non-MD residents. I'd like to rent out the bay front gazebo they have there for the day which seats up to 30 people.

North Point State Park

As I've mentioned to several of you already, I would like to combine this years BBQ with a karting session at Summit Point Karting's (SPK) new location in Middle River, MD. These are the guys that did the karting at Summit Point Raceway in WV that a bunch of you went to a couple years ago. They have moved from their original location to a new indoor facility in Middle River. It will still have the gas go karts though, so it should be more fun than most other indoor karting places.

If you are interested in the karting event, please let me know in this thread. Also let me know if you will bring anyone else with you that will be karting. SPK is not opening until sometime in July I think, so I don't have any pricing information yet. I am planning on contacting the organizers about their planned pricing once I get a rough headcount of how many people will be interested.

Another point of discussion is how to organize the day's events. I'm not sure if everyone will be interested in going to SPK. The park is about a 20 min drive from SPK. I was thinking about stopping by the park first in the morning and unloading all of the food there first. Then everyone who wants to go karting can drive to SPK and the rest can hang out at the park. We would have to pay again to get into the park if we do this though.

We can also just meet up at SPK in the morning and go to the park once we're done. Not sure how long we will be there though, and we would need to leave all the food in the cars on a likely hot day. Not really an ideal solution there either. If we have a small group of people that just want to head to the park first, we can have the karting group meet up with them once we're done.

For the poll, select all dates that you are able to attend. You can select multiple dates. Whichever date has the most votes after like 2-3 weeks will be the winner.

Karting Group:
1. b1adesofcha0s
2. VABAM
3. Red__Zed
4-5. MightyBobo + 1
6. ZCarMan

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 06-10-2016 at 08:33 PM.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote