View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #71 (permalink)
!xoible
Base Member

Drives: some car
!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodname007 View Post
since no one here owns a 370Z yet, we can only speculate.

so, i'll start with this story.

when i was deciding whether to get an 07 G35 Coupe or an 08 G37 Coupe and ended up going with the G37.
I called my insurance agent and gave the vin#, they called me back saying it would cost 900 with tax per year...so i took it.
then i asked what the insurance premium would have been if i bought a 07 G35 Coupe, she runs the numbers and it comes out to 1300 with tax per year.
I was confused by this, how is that a newer model car with more power under the hood have a lesser premium... i was totally dumb founded by this.

so, what will be the case for the new Z, will ppl have a lesser premium to pay than the 350Z ??? ...lol
i _think_ it's because of this:
1. the car has newer safety features than the older one
2. the insurance premium for the car goes up as people get into accidents. in car insurance databases they run reports on what cars cost them the most, and they raise the premium for those cars.
!xoible is offline   Reply With Quote