View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
!xoible
Base Member

Drives: some car
!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
You gotta be kidding me, do you even own a Z?

Im not doing "the" anything. Usually it simply adds credibility if I have driven other cars. Please keep your comments under control and the unnecessary idiocy to a minimum. Notice you are starting an argument for absolutely NO reason, we don't look well to people that do that here. There are no e-thugs here and much less of a reason to jump out and start making comments like that. I am not going to argue with you man, but just take it easy...

Sorry Travis,

Sometimes when i put the car in neutral it still holds the RPM's up as if it were waiting for me to chuck the same gear i was just in back in. When I'm upshifting slowly, it likes to hold the RPMs up for the next gear and sometimes that can be annoying. Also when I had the indicator light set at 4000 I would shift at 4k, carefully getting off the gas before releasing the clutch and the RPM's would go over 4k for no reason.

I would definitely like to hear others opinion, people?
lol people like me? ur the one who started the argument! In any case sorry if i came off as a e-thug. but that's exactly my point, i do not own a Z and i still have the same exact behavior on every car i have driven. for credibility here's my list of cars i have seen this behavior on when i drive the car hard:
1. 2006 G35
2. 2006 350Z
3. 2007 335i
4. 2008 BMW M3
5. 2008 BMW M5
6. 2007 BMW M6
7. 2008 Subaru STi
8. 2009 370Z
9. i dont know what year but the turbo mazda 6 (like last year's model or the year before)

as far as holding the RPM that makes sense for the new synchro-rev feature. A lot of cars that have rev-matching features like BMW's DCT, and BMW's SMG, do hold that RPM for u, or even blip the gas if the shift is too slow (the case of SMG since it requires input from the driver on the throttle). But revving up? idk why it would do that
!xoible is offline   Reply With Quote