View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road
Default Oh, the "good old days"!?

I laughed pretty hard. Maybe you will, too.
Why Old Cars Suck

However, I must say that I could fix / tune just about anything pretty cheaply on those old cars. Of course it was because I had so much practice. For example, I once bought an early-1970s Ford station wagon to deliver bundles of newspapers to newspaper boys. My route began at the publisher at around 3 AM, where I would carefully load it with (depending on the day's edition size / weight) up to 1200 lbs of bundles of newspapers. Shortly after buying that vehicle, I came to appreciate how the name "Ford" became the acronym F. O. R. D.

Found On Roadside Dead
Fix Or Repair Daily
Four Old Rusty Doors

Oh, the memories! They were so great that I've pretty much stuck with Japanese-built vehicles, but I must say that the most reliable and easiest-and-cheapest-to-fix vehicle that I've ever owned was a 1981 Chev Impala sedan, 305, auto. I even drove it up a pretty bad dirt road to the top of a Rocky mountain and it survived. It was pretty rusty when I sold it in 1999 for $1 to a family friend who then got several more years of DD-to-work out of it. I was sad to see it go.
Darwins Child is offline   Reply With Quote