View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
!xoible
Base Member

Drives: some car
!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
wrong

wrong

wrong

Taking your foot off the gas when you are experiencing oversteer will cause you to spin.

What you want to do is apply an adequate amount of countersteer and stay on the gas smoothly until you have the slide under control, only then can you start to ease off the gas. Applying the brakes mid-slide is even worst that getting off the gas.

Don't freak out, don't tuck your head. Controlling a slide can be done 95% of the time. Whatever you do, dont get scared and jump OFF the gas, you will spin into whatever you are trying to avoid.

If you are talking about a full on out of control 4 wheel drift that you can't save because youre in dire dire situations... clutch in, brakes in and let them go when you think you are pointing in the right direction... IE not into a wall.
yep. this guy knows to drive. do not ditch the throttle. yes do not push it, but keep the throttle open and ready to make it get out out of the situation.
it also depends on the situation. sometimes counter steering will not help, so letting the car steer itself (depending on what kind of stability control u have) might help.

i also agree on using gears if it's critical.

on my 370z test drive the car went side ways, or the car kept on going straight despite my steering at a corner. my wheels where turned to the right but the car kept on sliding straight. the goddamn rev-match could have killed me coz i couldnt make it engine-stop the car. i had to steer back straight and brake hard. i freaked out but i acted like i knew what i was doing so the salesman doesnt go nuts on me. steering broke on me suddenly, it was a surprise compare to how well the car was handling right before
!xoible is offline   Reply With Quote