View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 10:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
There not going to tell you anything different lol. Only time will tell. Someone will come along that doesn't want to spend on the CJM kit (hopefully someone who really drives the car hard on the track) and test it until it breaks. Only question i have, how long does that mat stay good for? Are you able to use different types of fuels and if that 2nd pump is zipped tied, is that zip able to with stand constant lateral G abuse. Phunk made a good statement about this product already.
I would suspect what Z1 is doing with this setup would perform. As a self-proclaimed fuel system engineer, I am not 100% satisfied with the operating theory. But it is nothing I would attack, especially at the price point and simplicity.

This is a bit different than what I was talking about in my previous post to this thread, where I was addressing the project of adapting a Hydramat to the factory fuel pump module, which I predicted we would not see happen.

This kit is something the market needed. As much as I would obviously prefer to get every last sale I can... it is no secret that my production has not kept up with demand, or that my product is in a price range that not everyone can justify for their project.

This Z1 product is 43% the cost. I hope it offers some perspective to my customers as to why my product is priced where it is when you compare how much custom hardware each product is comprised of.

I am more than confident that my RRP can outperform this new product release, as no other solution without a integrated surge canister can offer the same fluid control. But I think Z1 made a smart move by offering an alternative product at a different price point than my RRP.

If it helps more Z's get out there and kickass and show off, it ultimately helps all businesses in the business of Z's.