View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 03:31 PM   #121 (permalink)
jaytirbhaw
Track Member

Drives: 350z HR , Nismo 370z
jaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura aboutjaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura aboutjaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDan50 View Post
So after years of running boosted with this kit I finally started experiencing an issue: for about a month while idling at a light, lots of smoke would start to come out of the exhaust...like a smoke screen. I checked all the fluids (coolant/oil) and everything was the same. I got all panicky and took everything apart and took the turbo out because I thought something was broken.

After talking with a lot of shops/people, it was assumed that a seal had broken. But after researching things online....I think the problem was as simple as a dirty air filter. I remember when I took everything apart, the filter looked pretty jammed up from pollen, sand, dirt, debris and it was like a vacuum cleaner filter when you hit it against something to clean it. Junk just fell from it like crazy. So I think that the restriction there was causing the pressure build up in the turbo at idle to let oil get in the exhaust and smoke it out. I would test this theory but while putting everything back together a t-clamp for the charge pipe broke, so waiting on that....should find out tomorrow, but I'm sure thats all it was.

I also thought I'd tackle the headlight mods while everything was apart :P

any update on what you found ?
2014 Nismo #350 , Built Motor, Top Mount Single Turbo .... 620 whp/ 500 lbs wtq
2012 Track/Drift Z, build coming soon.
Build Thread - http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...70z-build.html
jaytirbhaw is offline   Reply With Quote