View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 02:48 PM   #46 (permalink)
Wiggins3377
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370
Wiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond repute

Raising this one up from the dead. Ive been talking to Ben (rid3-famous) and planning my tuck for what seems like over a year and with motor out i figured this was the perfect time. Although a buddy and I are only a few hours into the job i can tell you its not as intimidating as it seems once you really get going. I purchased the same loom kit Ben did from Jegs the only thing I would add is a roll of 18 gauge automotive wire and a lot of extra wire shrink tubing in various diameters. Amazon has a variety of options.

As I mentioned my motor is out so I have a lot more room to work. With the motor on a stand and the oem harness hanging off a hoist at approx. 12 oclock a buddy and I started with the various sensors and plugs on the driver side of the motor. We moched all the wires up as if they were OEM then started from the plug back to the main trunk of the harness. Unlike Ben's application we actually plan on lengthening most of the wires (except the MAF wires) because my bay has been chopped and the various plugs that were once in the battery compartment have been moved into the dash. My objective to to get a harness that looks alot like what you can purchase from Chasebays. If you have the same objective take extra time to plan how you will bundle various plugs. You will need to consider shrink wrap locations loom diameter etc. heck if you can... add extra shrink wrap that can always be cut off easily.

After one day of work I know we will likely be redoing some of what we already completed, just so there are the fewest branches from the main trunk as possible. Here are a few pics. I'll post more as we continue on our way.

PS. sorry to highjack you thread Ben, but your first post is full of great information so it would be pointless to start another.