View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 01:57 AM   #365 (permalink)
Bluebatmobile
The370Z.com Vendor

Drives: 1997 Acura NSX
Bluebatmobile will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree70Z View Post
I just attempted to apply a roof overlay. I failed miserably. We were able to get it positioned after several attempts which probably caused it to get stretched as we lifted and re-applied several times until we were able to get all edges covered completely. It would have been easier if the piece were not pre-cut so that we would have had more slack to work with. It has to be trimmed anyway, so I don't really understand how there is any advantage to having it pre-cut. Once I started to squeegy it out, Several wrinkles appeared. I tried to smooth them out with the heat gun, but the lines were still visible. Before I had the edges completely tucked, I looked at it and all of the lines looked so horrible, I ripped it off and threw it in the garbage. I do not think this is an easy job for someone who has not done this kind of stuff before. I could see doing a tail light or something small, but the roof was a very difficult place to start.

Anyone know of any shops that do roof wraps in northern San Diego, Inland Empire or Orange County? It almost looked great and I still want my roof wrapped.
I have an installer in San Diego, also one in Alhambra if that helps. Sorry to hear about this. Shoot me a pm .

B@t™

@bluebatoverlays on IG
Bluebatmobile is offline   Reply With Quote