View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 11:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
avantcrap
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z
avantcrap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
I could have pulled the trim to find out but took the easy way out. I ordered a set of JL 3.5s which are supposed to be rather tasty for what they are.

I also upgraded to the Polk MM6501 instead. Figured there are basically two speakers in the system I'd better get the most out of them.

While I was at it decided on a pair of 8" Infinity Reference subs after seeing some of the very clean and discreet installs in here that done take up any room whatsoever. With the subs being right behind the strut bar in the floor. Each one only needs .3' so I should be able to make a nice tight sealed enclosure for them.

Ended up with the Pioneer SPH-DA120 as a head unit. The sale was off on the 4100nex, and this was the original style I was looking at anyways.

Now since I'll have subs I'll need amps. Scored a soaking deal on a Pheonix Gold mono sub amp, now just need to find something for the rest. With the full Motordyne exhaust I'm going to need a few extra db if I want to hear music other than exhaust note anyways

Edit: got a good deal on an Alpine 5 channel so I'll run the system off of just the one amp.
Sounds like it'll end up being a pretty killer system! You'll gave to let us know how it all turns out! Also, please feel free to post pictures of your sub enclosures once you've got them done! I am curious to see how they turn out.
avantcrap is offline   Reply With Quote