View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 10:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
Ape Factory
Base Member

Drives: Audi RS5/QX70S
Ape Factory will become famous soon enough

Sorry for the late reply, I've had them in for a week and a day now. Managed to screw up my rear preload initially and went back and changed them this morning. Made quite a difference in rear compliance.

Absolutely loving them. I used to run Aragostas on my FD3S so they were a bit of a known quantity. Best way I can describe them is it's made the car feel 500 pounds lighter. Body roll and squat have been reduced substantially (I have a G IPL so it has the larger Nismo sway bars) and it feels more neutral than it did prior. Steering is sublimely precise and quickened without feeling nervous in the least.

I felt the stock suspension was actually pretty good but it wasn't always tidy and it had too much body motion. The car always felt it's weight. Not so with the Aragostas. But buy them directly from Japan. You'll save a ton of money.

Also, Aragostas are designed and tested in Japan but made in Holland. They are serviceable in the states by AST which is in California. It's my understanding they use some internal AST parts but many are unique to the brand.

The front damper package is five pounds lighter per side than the OEM package too. The rears, with the OEM location are the same weight.
Ape Factory is offline   Reply With Quote