View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
JoeyD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute

One of my few gripes about the 370 is the TC/VDC system. It functions only two ways; all on or all off. In the all on mode the power can be suddenly and dramaticly lost, sometimes taking as long as 5-10 seconds to return (if you leave the pedal down). I hate this system as I believe it could cause an accident. Say you pull out in front of line of traffic with intentions to just hit it and safely accelerate in front of the line. Well with this system you could wind up with an essentially stalled car sitting in front of on coming traffic. Not only is it embarrasing but it could be dangerous.

ABLS is always on but it will not save you like a VDC system will.

I would love to see a traction control like that in the Corvettes. It's perfect. The system only takes as much power as is neccesary to keep the wheels from spinning. Essentially the TC gives you the best acceleration possible. Our system is like an overbaring parent scared that "you'll shoot your eye out."