Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 10:25 PM   #250 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

I found the leak! There is a pin hole in the 30 row oil cooler itself! I tried soapy water and pressurizing the core to try and find bubbles but no luck. I ended up dunking the whoel thing in water and pressurizing the core to find the tiny little bubbles that came out of the bottom row near the middle. I'm going to ask Shasha if there is any warranty on the core. I don't think it's been a year yet but we will see. This means my car is down and out till I get a new oil cooler.

Here is a picture of the general area where the leak is at. I'm pointing at it.

I stuck a zip tie in the fin in the area where I saw the air bubbles.

I then moved on to cleaning the WG. The whole WC is put together with allens. It was super easy to take apart. You unscrew the top to reveal the spring. you change this spring to change your boost pressure (careful the last few turns as the spring is pushign the cap up. You need to hold it down as you take the last few screws off). I have the 5.5 lbs on in. It's over boosting so that's why I'm taking it apart and cleaning it.

Once the top is open, you can see the diaphragm which opens a bypass for the extra pressurized air to expel.

I went and cleaned everything with a 000 steel wool and my HF media blaster. It's as good as new! The diaphragm is perfect. No holes or anything. I put the WG back together and put a few drops of pneumatic oil in a few spots and she is now ready to go back on the car. I hope that resolves my over boosting problem.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote