View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 02:39 PM   #1638 (permalink)
Daniel123588
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z sport
Daniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to allDaniel123588 is a name known to all

HI there,
Saw one too many new threads which OP was flamed so I thought I would ask my question in this already existing thread. I am not a newb to cars whatsoever and I contribute a descent amount to this forum considering Its been a short while so hopefully I can get some assistance as the section of wheels is something I am not extremely confident in.

I own a 2012 with sport brakes. Before going into my questions, I never track my car, going more for looks than performance, currently stock suspension but considering Eibach springs for mild drop ( I can't do 1" drop for these roads/lifestyle), and I do not want poke past the fender, or if anything just minimal. Def don't want to see the front tires sticking out while looking at it from the front.

My questions is as followed:
1. I want to run Rohana RC7 20x10" +25 on the front. It seems this may poke out based on the chart I found (posted below). I was also told it may not clear the brakes and a spacer will be needed which basically could bring the offset to +20 possibly, will this look strange?
I want the 10" for more concave on the front is the only reason. I am aware of this wheel brand and it not being the best wheel so I don't need comments on that.

2. Rear is 20 x11" +28, I understand I will probably need to get this around +17/+18 with a spacer to make it flush against the rear quarter panel. I don't want to use spacers but it's so hard to find wheels with perfect offset specs. I'm guessing these specs are safe but wanted to clarify.

3. Is it safe to assume that I can go off of similar offset specs on those with 19 x 10 in the front as wheel height (whether it's 19 or 20) isn't going to have a difference on depth? Hope that made sense.

I understand every 1/2" width increase is about 6mm gain. Below is a chart I found somewhere along the threads I've read and wanted to see if it holds true. Also a pic of the wheels on someone's car but those were 9" on the front.

My biggest concern is question #1 and if I have to use spacers to lower the offset, how much more it would stick out.

Would really appreciate some assistance with those running 20" and similar specs. THank you.

Daniel123588 is offline   Reply With Quote