View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #7323 (permalink)
RN SHARK
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z, 14 SRT GC
RN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond repute

So I installed the Z1 oil pan spacer. Have a problem...
I made the slippery sandwich of oil pan, grey RTV, spacer, grey RTV and was trying to line up the holes and needless to say, it slipped around a bit. BUT, I got it lined up and hand tightened the bolts. I let it sit for and hour, then tightened a little more to spec. I let this sit overnight, and about 15 hours later I filled with Redline oil. (A Mobil 1 oil filter was also changed out before the spacer was put on). Anyway, I went to start the car, which was on 4 jack stands and let it run for 10 minutes. I checked for leaks, there are none. I turn off the engine. So I get the car down and get in and was about to take it for a drive. I start the car and notice the low oil pressure light is on in the dash. I don't now if this was on during the 10 minutes I let it run because I was not in the car, I was underneath it checking for leaks.
Why is the low oil pressure light on?? Could it be that some of the RTV slid off while wet when I was trying to install it into the oil pan, dried, and is now blocking the pick-up screen? I also hope I didn't do any engine damage while it idled for 10 minutes. The engine sounds normal, no clunking noises or anything. So now I'm at the point where I am going to drain the oil out again through a screen filter, and redo the spacer installation. Ugh!!