View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
Yup. I have no idea what it is. I didn't ask. Probably some secret Porsche mechanic remedy. I wish I could've had him do it again recently. They need it. Badly.
There are all kinds of brake quiet solutions on the market, even had techs use wd40 to soak rear pads on MB. None of them manufacture recommended and none of them would I use. At some point you have to accepte that friction creates a harmonic and a harmonic is noise, typically the more aggressive the pad the more noise. So either get a low friction quiet pad or deal with the sports brake pads.

That said the akebono are typically one of the quieter pads. Your Porche is an example of true German sports brakes, the German tend to actually use quiet an aggressive pad OEM. Even AMG owners manuals had to put in their literature your sport brakes will make noise and that is normal, after all the repeat comebacks of their cars with noise complaints.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote