Thread: G37 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
!xoible
Base Member

Drives: some car
!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute!xoible has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my take and why i voted Z:

1. G37 looks arent necessarily the hottest. it's not the ol' G35 anymore. but some can argue against a few design aspects of the Z as well. i _personally_ fell in love with the super wide fenders of the Z
2. G37 virtually puts no performance improvement over the G35 really even with the new powerplant
3. The Z has a more unique character being a 2 seater, more nimble, stiffer, and basically geared to compete with a P-car (cayman S)
4. having driven both cars, the Z is just much more fun to throw around corners (even tho it got out of control much very surprisingly) but it kinda reminds me of the nimbleness of the Z4M

When i look for a full blown coupe the G gets out of the competition quickly. Maybe i'd consider it if i ever consider auto again with the new 7-speed, but with 6MT the car is definitely a disappointment. But when i look for a small little fun quick car for the track the Z makes a lot of sense!
!xoible is offline   Reply With Quote