View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Anthony@Royal
Banned

Drives: 13 370Z PW M6
Anthony@Royal is a glorious beacon of lightAnthony@Royal is a glorious beacon of lightAnthony@Royal is a glorious beacon of lightAnthony@Royal is a glorious beacon of lightAnthony@Royal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
I don't think it should have the collar so low the spring can flop around like he is saying though. That doesn't really sound like a good idea.
I agree, but that's how 1 way height adjustable coilovers are... If you don't want the spring to move, you must add preload. Pre-load = higher ride height. In order to lower the car, you must lower the collar and potentially release all the pre-load. In some instances, the desired height will leave the spring free to move around.

My ST Coilovers (KW V1's) on my GLI were like that as well as the coilovers I have on my Civic are the same way. That's the problem with 1 way height adjustable coilovers.

This is why I always suggest customers to buy a 2 way adjustable height coilover. The lower bracket is threaded, so you can raise and lower the car without messing with any pre-load.
Anthony@Royal is offline   Reply With Quote