View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post
It's been a few years, but I remember popping the hood of a 350Z in a German dealership's showroom floor, and the owner, who was also a meister mechanic, pointed out an adjustment dial (possibly a screw) along the fuel system which was visible in the engine compartment but wasn't in my US-spec 350Z HR. It had a lime green cap and was on the left side of the motor. He said he could "adjust" my fuel pressure for free to achieve the 315 hp Euro-spec output. Never really put much thought into it until now.
I think he was pulling your leg.

Sounds like he was pointing at the EVAP test port.

To have adjustment in the engine bay would require the car to have a return fuel system.

To confirm, I just went to the German ebay site and looked at half a dozen 350z fuel pump modules and they are the same units we have here in the USA.