View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #166 (permalink)
VinceThe1
Base Member

Drives: '12 Z34 SR 6MT T/S/N
VinceThe1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus View Post
Not sure what your guy mounted but I'm refering to the 325 rear going on a 10.5 Nismo Rays. I went to a pretty reputable installer and they came to get me from the lounge to explain why it was taking so long. They just said that the sidewall was giving them hell mounting it. It was'nt impossible just not a standard mount.
Well you do have a valid and true point. Before I knew that I could even fit 325/30R19s on my rear Nismo wheels, I bought an old, used set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar "Runflat" tires for $120 on eBay.

I went to Discount Tire, as well as many other places to try and mount them and they couldn't do it, all they did is damage the beads of the tires. These runflat tires don't require special wheels, but because their sidewall is so stiff (in order to run without air pressure), the beads couldn't pop on my wheels as they would have on wider and/or different barrel design wheels. I almost gave up on the idea until the guy at discount tire checked the computer and said that they could fit 325/30R19s not only on the Nismo wheels, but on the Touring Sport wheels as well. I told him I find that hard to beleive but since they agreed that if they don't fit they'll take back the tires I bought from them, i ordered a set of the Cooper RS3S (they're not on their website and they don't offer them first hand, you gotta ask them to dig deeper and they'll find them). That tire fit without issues. It really depends on the tire I guess if it can fit easily, difficultly, or not at all.

To whoever wants to do this, i highly recommend the Cooper RS3S because they cost 1/2 what every other tire this size costs (~$180 a piece), have decent traction, and last a long time (over 2 years and 20k now and still plenty of tread, and I slide around all the time). Excellent tire at an excellent price. I have RE-11s at the front now for maximum cornering and braking grip, and the Coopers in the rear that allow for a playful rear end

Last edited by VinceThe1; 05-27-2016 at 05:55 PM.
VinceThe1 is offline   Reply With Quote