View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt0823 View Post
Hello
I did a few search on the subject but couldn't find a definite answer.
Base on FSM, ~51psi is the OEM spec for fuel pressure at the rails.
Im going to be running around 58 psi from my current pump+filter setup to the fuel rail, would this cause any problems?
I know running the engine rich will shorten the life of Cat and emission component, but wouldn't the ECM compensate for the addition fuel from higher pressure?
Just trying to avoid adding FPR and fuel return system, since i have no plan for FI or making much more power in the future.
Any help is appreciated.
6psi isn't too bad, it's a bit high but not extreme. The ECM should probably be able to compensate that I would think. Probably not even throw a cel, I'm betting fuel trim will be around a -8 to -10 and not sure about Nissan specifically but usually cel won't hit till around +- 15. So ECM will know something is up but not enough to throw a code or actually even run rich.

To add to this though what may become a problem is what fuel volume the pump can send vs stock. Pressure and volume are two totally different things so if the old pump can't supply the volume then you will have fuel starvation regardless of pressure and if you have a monster pump with high psi and volumn then you may start running rich. Not sure the oem flow rate of either pump so may want to look into that before you get carried away.

Last edited by Jhill; 05-27-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote