View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 08:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
RadioFlyer
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S S/C
RadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan @ RJM View Post
Just thought I'd add my 2cents... [snip]

Final note which I've not seen discussed or noted is that while everyone is fussing with this brass union block no-one has stopped to question the orifice size at the outlet of the factory master cylinder. The factory master cylinders outlet is only 2mm and exactly the same size as the brass block. So without eliminating the restriction at the MC you could add a sewer pipe connecting the MC to the slave but it won't get you any faster clutch release with this 2nd restrictor still in play.

Hope that adds to the discussion, helps save a few people destroying the brass block and clears up the miss-information early on in this thread.

Best Regards
Ryan@RJM
Excellent input, Ryan@RJM! Thanks!

Yes, that was the unknown - that drilling out the brass block was in fact, the actual bottleneck in the line. I did notice a difference by just drilling out the block, but it was a minimal difference. I have not experienced a leak at the brass block, so I'm all clear there. Car has been off the road for a few weeks because of an unrelated problem so I'll be able to get back into the car with a fresh feel for the clutch. I also upgraded the clutch/master/slave to HD units, so maybe that helped my car show a difference? I'll also look into drilling out the MC outlet!
RadioFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote