View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default The370Z.com is moving to a new server. Expect Downtime next 24-96 hours :(

Hi,

Well, as some of you guys know, we had some issues with our current server where our vbulletin forum was sending out hundreds and hundreds of subscription emails every hour . This has put significant stress on our server resources and I had to install a "email" mod so that the vB only sends out x amounts of email per hour. But the mod didn't work as well as we thought because some members were complaining they aren't receiving email notifications anymore (thread or pm). I know how important it is for some vendors to receive these emails. I truly apologize for this and I'm very thankful for your patience.

In order to solve this problem, we are going to jump to a bigger and better server. This will eliminate our email problem. It will also solve our older "database error" problem. The forum should run faster, smoother and you can upload files a lot faster. This is a great way to start off a new year!

But this server is significantly more expansive than our current server. I will try my best to keep all the pricing (premium member and vendor) the same. If anything, there will be a slight increase. There should be a thread in future outlining any increase in price (if any) and you will be able to comment on it. I will never implement anything that you guys are not comfortable with!

Please expect some downtime in next 24-96 hours. Some of the process just takes times (48-72 hours). We don't have any influence over them or we don't know the exact time. Therefore, we are ranging it to a 24-96 hour frame. We will try out best to minimize downtime but when doing such HUGE move, I am not sure how much I can minimize. As I have stated before, when there's downtime, you can go to TheNismoz.com and post any threads (370z related and off topic) on any topic.

I want to thank everyone for their support. Without your support and patience this site would not be where it is now. I'm just asking for a little more patience so that this huge task can be over with. Once, everything settled, I will focus more on some needed attention (i.e. new sections) and new features. I want to wish everyone a very HAPPY and PROSPEROUS new year 2010!

thank you

A. Kaiser
Administrator
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.