View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #555 (permalink)
JWillis72
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z yellow 7AT
JWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond reputeJWillis72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Thats the first time i have heard of Vortech not being helpful. Their customer service is da bomb.

Both the jackshaft pulley and supercharger pulley are 3.20"'s. You need a pulley that spins the supercharger to 56K. So a 2.80" on the supercharger will spin it to 55,600 which is 1,000 less than the 9psi stillen pulley.

HOWEVER, i cant remember if that combination will allow the belt to be tensioned properly. It might run out of room to crank up to get the belt tight enough. Can someone chime in here?

PS However, you can get a 3.4" jackshaft pulley and a 3.0" supercharger pulley and it keeps the exact same tension and will spin it at 55,150. If you want to spin it harder a 2.9" would fit and spin it to 57K. Buying two vortech pulleys is the same cost as buying one stillen pulley and it will grab better this way.
I'm on the 2.8 supercharger pulley but went to a 2" tensioner pulley, the part number in in the big thread somewhere. It could work with the stillen one but I didn't try.
JWillis72 is offline   Reply With Quote