View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 09:10 AM   #48 (permalink)
Wiggins3377
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370
Wiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Mine is 16x32x8, but I built it to be my powdercoating shop. Now that its not a full time business and I only coat a couple days a month, I recently added a driveway and a garage door to it and brought my Z31 home.

As for air compressor, mine is pretty big, so I had about a 3x6' extension built on the outside of the shop and it is just an air compressor room, so it doesn't take up inside space. Also, it insulates the shop from the sound.

If you can swing it, central air is nice also. I got lucky and had a friend in the AC business who gave me a practically brand new unit that they had to replace for someone because it was too small for their house.
Great info Mike. It sounds like your space is similar to what mine would be. Understanding mine would be 1' shorter in width and 5' shorter in length do you think there is still plenty of room to work all around the car?