View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #137 (permalink)
boosted180
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z sport 6m
boosted180 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoX Z View Post
Which brings us to the swaybar. This is where I need some help from yall picking the right one. My feel of the car is that it flops around like crazy in quick transitions and the steady state balance is understeer. I know alot of the behavior in transitions is better fixed with improved damping but again probably out of the picture for this year so how big of a bar would you recommend without making the steady-state balance even worse. I know in theory a big bar can help reduce understeer in camber-challenged cars such as ours but traditional knowledge also says that in general the stiffer front end will reduce front end grip, so where's the balance? Any input/experience on this would be greatly appreciated.

I want to show what the 370 is capable of, I may not be the perfect driver for the job, but I know the car can win so please help me out.
from my experience, the sway bars definitely help tremendously with quick transitions/ slaloms. my first auto-x was stock except for eibach springs. the next was with springs, sway bars, and spc front camber arms. i have the hotchkis, but if i had to do it over, i would go with the stillen as i feel the hotchkis are a bit TOO stiff in the front, which induces some understeer. but most of it is dialed out in my car with increased front camber. at this point, it feels just right for track use, but on tight auto-x courses, it still understeers a bit more than i'd like. i'm ok with where it is now as i see much more track time than auto-x.

so to answer your question, i think you'll see a huge difference with the addition of sway bars (i'd recommend the full set of stillen) and added front camber. you will be much quicker through the slaloms and the understeer problem will be mostly mitigated by the increased front camber.
boosted180 is offline   Reply With Quote