View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 09:48 PM   #275 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfas View Post
Great thread!

I'll add that if you're being held up by slower drivers that won't let you by, take a quick tour of pit lane. By the time you're back on track the slow guys are quite a bit ahead and you'll have more open track.

Pay attention to your energy level. When you start getting sloppy, you're tired. Come in and rest.

I found that starting with AutoX taught me to read tire slip angles which helped on the track (and street).
And remember to stay hydrated - on a race or track day, even in cooler weather, I will drink 3 to 4 litres of fluid - not sugar loaded cola drinks but usually just water with a couple of slices of lemon in it.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote