View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Yes, I understand how Google works. But to be honest, I don't care enough. Race cars and race car drivers have nothing to do with my life, or the cars that I drive. Like the vast majority of car buyers, I want my car to come out of the box ready to drive the way I want it. I don't want to spend time, money, and frustration on the project. Tinkering with cars is not my hobby, and I especially don't want the headaches I see reflected on this forum every single day. I doubt that that is a unique perspective, hence my extreme skepticism about the "halo" effect.
The Halo effect works because 85% of middle class consumer drones who buy for looks. I want to see this out of the box "performance" without issues. Bimmers... unreliable expensive and near impossible to crack ecu.
Corvettes, need chronic maintenance and have reliability issue. Especially with in house super charging.
Hellcat, challenger quality control issues. Audi and Porsche.... electronic cars that practically drive for you.

Lambs and Porsche... unreliable. I mean everything has a drawback. The camaro, is the best affordable car right now dollar for dollar. But it's huge, you can't see out of it. Numb steering and I'll take the Pepsi challenge on reliability on supercharged versions.

I understand the Z is something you're upset hasn't evolved as much as here.... You prolly been driving your Z n want something more. .

But in my case. I can't dismiss the high points of the Z till I find "something that can hit the senses like the Z. Very few cars hit the senses today without buying an exotic.

Jaguar F-Type
MB amg GTS
Nissan GT-R
NISSAN 370Z.

Everything else has taken technology to the point where driving is a numb experience. But you're going faster. I guess it's all perspective.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 05-24-2016 at 09:58 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote