View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nismodean
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 RIP Now 2012
Nismodean will become famous soon enough
Default Any export lawyers or managers here?

I have a question concerning export laws. This is gonna sound silly but it's a legit concern. I have recently retired from the Navy and now have a new job in the semi-conductor industry which requires travel from time to time.

I'm traveling to Japan for a month for training and it dawned on me that the wick I use for my atomizer (I vape, quit smoking two years ago) is controlled by an export law that forbids it from being exported outside of the U.S.

It is a ceramic wick that is also used in missiles to shield the wiring from heat. Here is the link READYxWICK. As you can see a $750,000 fine is quite steep.

My question is do export laws also include items that are being used for personal use and not for sale/distribution to foreign entities? If you look up the definition of export they ALL say something along the lines of selling a service or goods. Well I'm not selling it or giving it to anyone so does this apply to me?
The Truth, it hurts sometimes. FI LTH & FI CF CBE. This is a 370Z forum, if I want to fling poo at another brand of car and your feelings get hurt, then you're hanging out in the wrong forum (cry elsewhere).
Nismodean is offline   Reply With Quote