View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 12:47 AM   #158 (permalink)
VinceThe1
Base Member

Drives: '12 Z34 SR 6MT T/S/N
VinceThe1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post
IMO, yes. I currently have a 265/35 and a 285/35 setup on my sport package rays, and I don't exactly like how they feel on the dragon. However, they are the first tires i've run in this sizing, so I am holding total judgement until I can try out another brand once these wear out.

The 275 on a 9.5" wheel is fine, but a 325 on a 10.5" wheel is too much for me. i would want an 11.5" to a 12" wheel for that size.
To each his own, I hate the stretched look of the original 245/285 setup. Do meaty tires make the ride floatier? Sure, but barely. I love the composed ride with those tires and they really protect the wheels..and I don't mean from curb rash, I mean from bumpy roads, DIPs, potholes, etc.

To anyone that wants to install stretched and/or really low profile tires on their wheels on anything by a show car, don't. Even with forged wheels, you need adequate tire sidewall to cushion the blows sometimes experienced on regular roads. I know from experience...I bought 4 brand new front 19x9.5 +40 2014-2015 Z34 Nismo FORGED RAYS wheels for my Acura TL, then fitted 275/30R19 Nittos on them...and now, after a year of daily driving, when I put the car on the lift, 3 of the 4 wheels are slightly eggshaped. No such thing with my beefy tires on my Z...trust me, NO wheel is strong enough for daily driving with rubberband tires. Whoever doesn't believe me can experience it first hand.

It is much better for the ride, your wheels, your tires, your suspension, your kidneys, etc. to have a respectively narrower wheel with a wide, meaty tire than to have a wide wheel with a respectively narrow, skinny tire.

Last edited by VinceThe1; 05-24-2016 at 12:53 AM.
VinceThe1 is offline   Reply With Quote