View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
KrnAndy
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z M6
KrnAndy is on a distinguished road

wow sorry you had to get into an accident as well, yours came out worse than mine did (I still was not able to check the crash bar though)

for diminished value I was asking my insurance company as well but you'd have to take it to court and file a claim on the person. Most likely it's more of a hassle and would take a long time for it to even go through. Otherwise EVERYONE would try and file claims for diminished value.

Try to look for "affiliated" shops with your insurance because THEY are most likely the one's to hook your car up to the most money.

If you choose your own shop they will give you an estimate and you'll have to show it to the insurance to see whether or not they'll give you have amount.

For my instance I went to an affiliated shop, (random shops that are "partners")
and they don't have a adjuster take a look and deal with me. The shop just sends the bill out to the insurance. Depending on how they are my other car, they were able to "blend" the paint and fix paint on other panels for me too

but it's all different tbh. I'm in California and I have no idea how things work in Ohio with insurance
KrnAndy is offline   Reply With Quote