View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #1704 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWillis72 View Post
I guess I left out we found a leak in the csf radiator also. My wife was driving behind me and didn't see anything leaking but that might have been the cause also, we just are not sure. Right before all of this started I had a trash bag fall off a truck in front of me and I couldn't get over and hit it. It bent up my Z speed under tray, pulled a wheel liner out of the car and I had to paint the bumper, the leak was on the same side so it could have been caused by the impact. I went with the same radiator to replace it, my cooling had been great up until now. The shop thinks it looks like the center head studs stretched around the middle cylinder but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woe is Us ...
A few years back I managed to run over a rather large racoon that ran out in front of me and then just stopped.
Couldn't do anything to avoid it...60mph...3:30 AM.
Had made a special trip to get gas because of the hurricane.
Waited an hour and a half on line ...

Huge thump and the car actually felt like the car was driving over a log.
It sheared off the nose fasteners and did some other damage as well.
Managed to put the nose back on and held it in place with some twigs I scrounged in the nearby woods.

Glad I had my Boy Scout knife.

Got it back home drivin' slow and EZ, but had to go for a new front fascia and grill.
The fender and hood got bent and the headlight also chipped in the corner.
Some $$$$ later [the insurance didn't cover much of the repair] and it was good as new.

Another 'Z' story for the books