View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
squid267
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nismo 370Z PW M6
squid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond reputesquid267 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
Not trying to troll you but... why call it a Porsche killer build? Sounds like you are trying to build a dragster to race a car that is in a completely different class. Porsches are known for handling, not speed. Hell, even as a 911 owner, I see those videos of the 1200hp 911 Turbo builds and can't figure out how they are still so damn slow! lol. Go find a Hellcat to beat up on.

Anyhow, good luck with your build and stay safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Chiming in with my 2 cents...I always wanted a P car GT3, but entry cost alone is quite prohibitive. So, I always dream of my car out sharp, our corner, out brake , out last a stock 996 GT3. Close enough HP, a fair target to reach with some bolt-on's. But I know, at the end of the day, engine won't sound the same, feel won't be the same, forward visibility won't be the same, etc.

So in some ways, I kinda know where squid is coming from, but I also understand what tigger is saying. it will always be Apple vs Orange, won't ever be the same.

Best of luck with the build
Both great points! I hear that the Z is a poor man's Porsche, alot. I was just poking back. Nothing too serious,
squid267 is offline   Reply With Quote