View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 12:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road

On the pro-trade side, I just noticed that you live in Kissimmee. My wife and I used to own a winter home in Melbourne. If you have a nice garage or carport at home and at work that will shield the vehicle from hours of paint-fading, plastic/vinyl-killing sun-rays, you have the perfect climate for a white GT-R (or any other vehicle, including motorcycles, for that matter) as a year-round daily driver.

Typical automotive AC compressors in Melbourne's climate have an average life expectancy of about 5-years. So if I were buying a used GT-R, one of the first questions I'd ask the present owner is when the AC compressor or other AC parts were last replaced, if ever, and planning/pricing accordingly. I'd also be boning up on the real-life AC experiences of other GT-R owners in Florida and either how to DIY the AC system, or how much it would cost to get that done by pros. A little voice tells me that for a GT-R, the latter may require either a new home mortgage or the sale of a family member's kidney to a wealthy Chinese buyer.
Darwins Child is offline   Reply With Quote