View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Amj2020
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB Z,Jeep,BMW
Amj2020 is on a distinguished road
Default Clear Bra Installation Potential Issues

I was really considering putting a clear bra on the front end of my Z. Its all aftermarket with Fuji front bumper and vented fenders, and amuse everything else. The installer is one of the best around and he basically said straight up if the body shop skimped on any prep work there is a high likelihood of the paint lifting when they install the bra.

A lot of you guys have custom cars so I was wondering your takes on it, pros and cons. I mean I could always have it repainted but that would be annoying. With the car being black, and me NEVER driving it because its so damn low and eats gravel for a living, I think its worth the risk. I could theoretically just let it get damaged from rocks and have it repainted every other year or so, but its more of a garage queen which hardly gets used.

I just value a lot of your input here to see what you think or to see whether or not you guys have experience with this topic.

Anyone ever seen the paint lift during a clear bra install, I certainly have heard of it during a removal. Thanks in advance! I would say TIA but in my field it means a stoke, so not the best abbreviation ever!