View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
ZHighlander
Base Member

Drives: 16 Nismo Tech W M6
ZHighlander will become famous soon enough

If GTR is the car you want, and it seems like you're trying to convince/justify to everyone why you'd want it, then just go for it. No one else is going to drive it but you and your family, so you and your family should be the decision makers.

I bought my Sports Tech Z new, after driving it for 3 weeks, I regretted not getting the Nismo version. Decided to trade in and get the 2016 Nismo Tech. Absolutely horrible financial decision, but I could afford it and couldn't care less what other people thought about the loss in the trade. In the end, I was completely happy with the Nismo and won't look back.

Same idea here, if you really love it, go for it. The only thing to make sure of, is that you really do love it and you can afford the maintenance. The Maintenance on the GTR really is no joke, and after several years of maintenance, you might've even paid for another luxury sedan.

So if you're fine on the finance, and you're not taking your kid's college funds for the maintenance, and you've weighed the pros and cons relative to your personal driving habits, then go for it and you can at least say you've "been there, done that".

Other things to consider... Lots of people will be eyeing your car, and that's probably a good thing. But if they take a peak inside and see a child seat in there... be prepared from a change of "awe" to very confused looks of, "Are you crazy, dude!?" Lol.
ZHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote