View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 08:15 AM   #2191 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niche79 View Post
So I have been mulling over selling my 370z, it collects more dust in the garage than miles on the road. I love the car and it turns heads but I rarely drive it anymore and now that I have a new baby the wife will not let me put him in the front seat so I will drive it even less now. I am always on my sport bike lately as well but now that I have to take the baby to my wife's medical clinic every day before heading to work myself, I have to take him in my older Honda coupe. I have SERIOUSLY began thinking of selling it, tossing some cash together and buying a used GTR instead. We did the test fit today and the back seat easily handles a car carrier for the baby! The wife was totally cool with getting it but I would have to sell my 370z for the down payment. Any thoughts on this idea? I rarely even come on here or interact anymore with any Z group but I was thinking I would like to hear from you guys as you all own the same cars as I do. Would you sell it to upgrade? Originally I was going to keep my Z and buy a luxury car but dammit, this is my shot on a GTR!!! What to do??? Thoughts and opinions very welcome, I love to hear what others think.
I was right at the door on selling my Nismo for a GTR when I was making the decision to go boosted. I did the numbers and figured why not since I had only owned the Nismo for a few months I was'nt that attached anyway. Then I looked at the maintenence on the GTR over time and looking at that I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on a BP kit. I can see your issue from a different perspective though and it would seem you need to be even more practical considering the car seat issue. I've been there twice. If the Z is paid for keep it and get a Sedan or better yet a Crew Cab truck. You may feel good for awhile with a car seat in the back of a GTR but deep in the back of your mind at some point you'll realize it's not really that practical. This is just my opinion from my own experiences, feel free to explore your own.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote