View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 09:48 PM   #43 (permalink)
Larso1
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z T M6
Larso1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
And I still don't get your point. I understand the concept of "halo" car...I just don't see where the tired old 370Z relates to that adjective. If anything, I think the Z's effect is generally laughter and eye-rolling these days. Don't get me wrong .. it was cool for the first few years and I've liked my Z's a lot. I just don't think it does **** for Nissan's reputation anymore these days and is probably counterproductive. Now...the GT-R...that's different. Most people who know cars still speak of it in hushed tones.
Lol, you should probably get your profile changed to read "an Ex-Z fanatic". I say, don't worry about what you think others might be thinking, enjoy your Z now. In only 10 years time electric cars are going to be prolific, and f-a-s-t! And battery storage will give you over 200 miles until the next quick charge. All the I-C powered cars on the road today, including Lambos and Porsches, are going to be viewed as "classic" and "vintage." It's going to happen fast, everyone will want one, and no car maker will want to be left behind. No transmissions, motor at each wheel, and so AWD will be a given. And then enjoy those cars for a time until human driven cars are outlawed and driverless transportation is the norm. Mark my words...😉
Larso1 is offline   Reply With Quote