View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 08:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niche79 View Post
I honestly don't mind my wife driving my cars at all, I trust her with them and have taught her to park a mile away next to a curb even with her car!

I only have to have him in the car to drop him off at her job before I head to mine each day. I also think, imagine being a kid today with a dad who picks you up in a GTR! I have even thought of letting him drive it one day as I usually keep cars for years on end (except this circumstance). I do love my Z but I honestly rarely even touch it anymore, I bet I have driven it maybe 10 times or 20 times this entire year!!! I am ALWAYS on my sport bike as it's just so much faster and more fun. The wife even knows it has been a dream car since 09 when we saw the first GTR's ever sold in Atlanta when she was doing her medical school clinicals there! The fact that she can drive it is just a bonus.

Thanks a ton guys for the feedback, I am reading each and every response and am thinking about it. First thing is first, I want to have around 10k cash to put down on top of what my Z sells for, the bigger the down payment the better and that will give me a few months to really contemplate my decision.

Thanks!
-Niche79
Sounds like you have your answer then. Shop around a LOT when buying and be prepared to pass up on a lot of ragged-out GT-Rs. As others have said find one that hasn't been beaten into the ground. Good luck.

My personal: For that kind of $$ with comparable acceleration and 4 seats I'd be thinking GT350. Sure it's just a Ford, but HOLY GOD have you seen what it can do? Plus you'll keep the raw RWD feel and actually increase your redline to 8250 PLUS have a real transmission. You'll also be buying it new and won't have to worry about how it was taken care of.

I hear you on the sport bikes; I ride a Ducati 848... less frequently now that MD drivers seem to be getting worse. What do you ride?
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote